Dealing with tangles is quite challenging for most pet owners. Coat problems usually start when your dog loves to get wet, roll around on the carpet like a ball, and hide in areas you forbid them to go. Dematting can be tricky and painful if you are not doing it the right way. So, let’s get to work and wear our game face on.
Get the Right Tools
Use your best discretion whether to invest in expensive tools, but most of the time, buying cheaper alternatives can deliver the same results as the expensive ones. You will need a dematting tool, a bristle or a slicker brush, and a splitting tool. You can purchase them from any pet store or buy them online if you are not in a hurry. If you opted to buy online, it’s wise to take advantage of some coupons and discounts such as eglobal coupon and aliexpress anniversary coupon.
Pet Care Products that Work
There are many options you could choose from. You can go organic or buy the regular stuff, that’s all about your preference. In the end, you know what’s best for your beloved pet. Just stay away from products with a strong smell. It’s good to always use conditioner every bath and have a coat spray on hand.
Patience, Patience and More Patience
Most of the time, dogs don’t appreciate someone pulling their hair. You are so lucky if you have a well-behaved dog during the process. But if you don’t, you are not alone. Just be prepared with the challenge and follow the simple steps below.
Ready? Then Let’s Start Working
1. Find the mats specially on areas where it usually develops: under the belly, legs, bottom, below the neck, and under the ears.
2. Apply the detangler product of your choice until it is fully absorbed.
3. Use your fingers to loosen the tangles to lessen the pain of brushing might cause.
4. Use the brush to completely remove the tangles.
5. Bathe your dog and don’t forget to apply conditioner.
6. Towel dry or you may use a blow dryer to speed up the process.
7. When your dog is completely dry, use a coating spray to prevent tangles from forming.
After Care Tips
After all that process, these messy tangles may comeback. But there are ways to prevent them from forming fast. Your dog will appreciate if you can prolong his peace of mind of not going through that tedious session with you. It’s quite easy. Just keep their coat trimmed and clean, and always use coating spray before you allow them to get wet.